Friday, April 06, 2007

I'M Back...Finally

It is hard to know where to start since my last entry was about...oh...9 months ago. A lot can happen in 9 months and a lot HAS happened. Where in the world do I begin. I have to admit, my inspiration for getting back to my blog came from my friend Wendy. Apparently I was one of the ones who caused her to start blogging and then I just fall off the face of the cyber planet...sheesh...some friend I am. Anyway, I am hoping to get to my blog a little more often than ever 9 months. So here it goes...


In a nut shell, since my last entry...(in order)

My husband deployed
My dad passed away
My mom came for a visit to Germany over Thanksgiving
I missed my flight out of Frankfurt to go home for Christmas
I finally got another flight that put the girls and I in transition for over 24 hours...GRRR
All three of us got the stomach flu and missed our flight back home
Finally got to come home but had less than 24 hours before John came home from deployment
John came home (lots of tears)
We had house guests for 2 1/2 weeks in conjunction to John coming home
Everyone else in the house got the stomach flu
Went skiing in the Swiss Alps (BEAUTIFUL)
House guests leave
My grandfather passes away
Find out that I am pregnant
Decide to get out of the Military
And that pretty much brings you up to date...take a breath, crazy isn't it?

It has been quite the journey thus far and we are about to embark on another big journey with our move back to the states but in the midst of all of this, I have to say that God has been faithful. I am thankful for friends and family because without them, it would be impossible to make it through.

I am hoping to have a few pictures posted soon of our adventures in Switzerland. This next weekend we are headed to Holland to see all the tulips. I can't wait. Those pics should be gorgeous.

Well Wendy, I hope you enjoy reading. You are my inspiration to stick with this. I just hope you haven't given up on me. Talk to you soon.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Oh, my precious friend!! I'm so glad to see an update. I can hear your voice as I'm reading and it makes me smile. You have to know that the news of your return to this area has spread like wildfire. Hurry home--you are greatly missed around here!!